An engineering company in the San Fernando Valley is looking to add an EHS Specialist to their laboratory facility. This role works closely with the Security and Operations teams. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for conducting safety training, incident investigations, and reporting to several regulatory agencies.
- Develop and implement EHS programs and procedures and maintain the EHS Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Manage environmental activities including, CUPA, OSHA, Local Sanitation Agencies, EPA Region IX, SARA and other local environmental reporting as required.
- 3-5+ years of from the Aerospace, Oil & Gas, or Mining field
- REA Certification
- Related qualifications or certification (CSP/CIH) preferred
- Previous 2-4+ years experience as a safety manager or environmental regulatory manager with a record of experience and proven success in environmental certifications