A large, industrial manufacturing company is currently seeking an EHS Specialist to lead its Zanesville, OH area plant. This company invests heavily into its EHS programs and developed a strong safety culture, as each facility strives to achieve the Zero Incident, Zero Injury initiative. The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the EHS team to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop and implement a safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Manage relationship with local unions
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as safety expert and primary contact in respect to health and safety matters
- 2-5 years of EHS experience within a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience and knowledge with ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, and OSHA standards and regulations
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Industrial Health related field