A global manufacturer is seeking an EHS Manager to lead the Torrington, CT facility. The EHS Manager will hold a highly visible role within the organization and will be offered significant career growth opportunities at this multinational company. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Manages and plans all safety training programs, suggests safety award programs and incentives.
- Advises plant management of any potential law changes and their impact on the plant.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region..
- Participates as a leader for weekly inspections and audits in identifying safety hazards and oversees timely corrections of any violation.
- Develop and implement EHS policies and procedures.
- 5+ years EHS experience in Heavy Manufacturing or Mining.
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in EHS or similar field.
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and managing environmental regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.
- Experience with MSHA and is preferred.