A leading construction services company is seeking an EHS Manager, to help support their growing operations on the West Coast. Based out of their Fremont Office, with oversight for work across CA and other locations - you will be responsible for driving forward an industry leading safety program across all active job-sites. Working closely with both key internal and external stakeholders, in ensuring a strong commitment toward the corporate EHS program at a project level. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a company with long-term growth potential, where you will be involved in some diverse construction projects.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with both the VP of EHS and Operational Leadership at the company, in highlighting successes and core focus areas, in order to continually develop the company safety program
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA, EPA etc.
- Proven experience managing safety in either a commercial or industrial construction environment (circa. 5-10 years)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work autonomously
- Proven communicator, who can engage with key internal & external stakeholders across all levels, from project teams up to senior leadership
- Based in San Francisco, with the ability to travel to all projects (circa 30%-50%)