A leading national industrial manufacturer is looking to hire an Environmental Health and Safety Leader to support a complex site just outside of Calhoun, GA. Working closely with the local leadership team, and the corporate EHS function, the incumbent will be tasked with fostering a proactive safety culture and overseeing all compliance procedures at the plant level. The EHS Leader will be responsible for conducting EHS audits and acting as the interface between local and federal agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement EHS programs and procedures and maintain the EHS Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Work with Senior EHS Team, Plant Management, and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 5-7+ years of manufacturing experience in EHS roles.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in EHS, Engineering, or a technical field.
- Related qualifications or certification (CSP/CIH) preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills