A leading manufacturer of research and pharmaceutical products is looking for a strong EHS Manager to manage its sites near Birmingham, AL. Working closely with the Plant Manager, the local leadership team, and the corporate EHS function, the incumbent will be tasked with fostering a proactive safety culture and overseeing all compliance procedures at the plant level. The EHS Manager will be responsible for conducting EHS audits and acting as the interface between local and federal agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement EHS programs and procedures and maintain the EHS Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Work with Senior EHS Team, Plant Management and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 7-10+ years of EHS experience, preferably in a research environment or chemical manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, Engineering, or a related technical field required.
- Related qualifications or certification (CSP/CIH/CHMM) preferred
- Experience leading and managing direct reports preferred
- Strong experience with environmental regulations including air and hazardous waste