A leading synthetic material manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Manager to help lead the EHS function at its facilities in the Providence, RI area. The EHS Manager will be working directly with corporate leadership to ensure the well-being of all employees at the manufacturing facilities and will be responsible for updating and maintaining the sites' EHS systems, programs, and culture. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the EHS performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all EHS regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into EHS management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation to include program design, EHS data collection and posting, training documentation, and EHS KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns EHS resources to audits in their area.
- 7+ years in operational and EHS roles within a manufacturing setting.
- EHS experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with electrical safety preferred.
- Leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Safety Sciences or related fields.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.