An international manufacturer and supplier is looking to appoint an EHS Hazardous Waste Handler to assist one of their facilities near San Jose, CA. Working alongside the management team, the successful candidate will be tasked with fostering a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Operating wastewater systems, using precipitation and water clarification technologies.
- Label all chemicals as required by DOT, OSHA and US EPA.
- Implement PPE standards, OSHA compliance, facilitate training and safety assessments, metrics development and reporting.
- Supports manufacturing and environmental, health and safety requests, as directed by manager.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, chemical or related field preferred but not required
- At least 1 year of experience within Safety.
- Experience working in General Industry, Heavy manufacturing, or Industrial industries is strongly preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary ($40K-$45K)
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision
- 401k Savings plan
- Company discounts and perks!