A leading industrial manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Engineer assist with the EHS functions at its facility in the Crystal Lake, IL area. The EHS Engineer will be working directly with plant leadership to ensure the well-being of all employees at the manufacturing facility and will be responsible for updating and maintaining the site's EHS systems, programs, and culture. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Maintain, improve, and promote EHS programs to comply with facility targets, including EHS Regulatory Compliance and Accident Prevention.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary contact in respect to all EHS matters.
- Lead self and others in EHS audits, risk assessments, and training.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- B.S. degree in EHS-related field.
- 3-7 years of EHS experience within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on and able to develop strong relationships with all levels at the plant.
- Knowledgeable of applicable OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Energetic, effective communicating, detail oriented, creative problems.