A global heavy industries firm is looking to hire an Environmental Health and Safety Director to manage their complex sites in Upstate New York near Syracuse. Working closely with the local EHS team, and the corporate EHS function, the incumbent will be tasked with fostering a proactive safety culture and overseeing all compliance procedures and environmental regulations at the plant level.
- Develop and implement EHS programs and procedures and maintain the EHS Management System.
- Manage permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Directly control and manage environmental management facilities
- Work with Corporate EHS Team, Plant Management, and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 8-10+ years of leading and implementing EHS programs in the manufacturing industry required
- 3+ years of direct management and supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in EHS, Engineering, or a technical field.
- Related qualifications or certification (CSP/CIH/OSHA-30) preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills