A global manufacturing organization is seeking an EHS Director to lead the companywide global EHS programs. The EHS Director will be tasked with providing leadership across the business and overseeing organizational compliance with local, state, and federal EHS regulations. Providing EHS support to all domestic and international locations, the EHS Director will be required to travel 25% of the time.
- Develop, strategize and implement a long-term plan for the global EHS function
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and country/regional/site management to drive EHS performance
- Providing practical and technical expertise, advice, and solutions to corporate, regional and site management
- Promoting continuous improvement efforts in the EHS function, integrating tactical and strategic EHS planning
- Monitors program compliance and conducts EHS audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety Sciences, or related technical field is required
- 10+ years of progressive EHS experience within a manufacturing environment. Chemicals strongly preferred.
- CSP, CIH, CHMM preferred
- Demonstrated experience of successful program implementation across multiple sites on a global scale
- Experience leading teams of EHS professionals and influencing a healthy safety culture