A specialist manufacturing company is searching for an EHS Director to join their team. This role would be based in their Los Angeles location and will be responsible for managing the direction and execution of all safety programs providing direction, training, and leadership. You will be working across their various functions including: Strategy, Leadership, and Compliance. You will act as a figurehead in driving forward company-wide engagement across all business levels towards Environmental Health and Safety. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader, with a commitment to Safety who will offer continuous development opportunities.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Develops enterprise-wide strategy, work plans and goals to meet the organizations’ health and safety objectives
- Develop PPE standards, facilitate training and safety assessments, metrics development and reporting.
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as: OSHA, FDA, Cal- OSHA etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, engineering or other field with applicable Safety and Health experience
- 8+ years of experience with Health & Safety. Must possess a proven track record of success.
- A proven leader, with strong communication skills who can engage with internal & external stakeholders alike
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP); or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or other safety certification programs preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary ($90K-100K)
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Company discounts and perks!