A leading waste and recycling organization is looking to hire a Director of Safety and Risk Management, to lead the company program across their diverse portfolio of services throughout Southern California and other associated locations. You would be responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the safety program. Acting as the figurehead for an industry leading safety culture. If interested please read the details below and apply!
- Develop and oversee all efforts, programs, and initiatives in Safety and Risk Management to ensure a safe workplace for all employees
- Continually improve Enterprise Risk Management strategy that provides comprehensive risk identification and assessment to develop and implement mitigation and avoidance practices
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership team reporting back on Key Performance Indicators for the health and safety program, developing reports and driving changes/improvements where necessary
- Leading and managing the wider Health, Safety and Risk team members, ensuring best-practices and accountability across all operations.
- 10+ years’ experience as the Safety and Risk Management leader in either Transportation, Waste Management/Recycling, or Manufacturing industries
- Masters Degree in either Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering or Industrial Hygiene (Required)
- Professional Certification e.g. CSP, CWCP (Required)
- Proven experience understanding Workers’ Compensation Regulations and claims management programs
- Based near Garden Grove HQ and able to travel as required in the role (Relocation Assistance for non-local candidates will be explored on case by case basis)