An international manufacturing company is searching for a Health and Safety Director to join their growing team and lead the company's safety programs. This position can be based out of Ontario or remotely in North America. The H&S Director will be tasked with working to build a health and safety culture throughout North America.
This is a highly visible position within a large company that invests heavily in its EHS programs and employees. The H&S Director will work closely with the EHS teams as well as engage with various stakeholders of the business.
- Develop and implement health and safety programs and procedures, ensuring all manufacturing facilities are in compliance with company policies and federal regulations
- Lead and oversee continuous improvement efforts for health and safety programs
- Implement programs and trainings to ensure all processes of the organization are in compliance
- Efficiently facilitate and prepare safety reports and plans, and effectively communicate findings and recommendations to the leadership team
- Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health, Engineering, or related technical field
- CRSP or CSP preferred
- 10+ years of Safety experience in a manufacturing environment, with 5+ years of experience in a strategic leadership position
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience changing a safety culture
- Bilingual in English and French preferred