Shirley Parsons is partnered with a large telecommunications focused contracting firm to help identify a Director of Environmental Health & Safety in Des Moines, Iowa. This client is open to relocation assistance with this position and offers a strong compensation package.
This role requires an extensive background in industrial construction, utilities construction, or telecommunications based construction work.
- Oversees the field staff in ensuring the company and its job sites remain hazard and accident free by conducting periodic safety inspections
- Collect and analyze available date, investigation outcomes, and field observations to identify and systematically address areas for safety process and policy improvement throughout the enterprise
- Maintain documentation, assist in inspecting and investigation incidents, and help provide safety training
- Ensure every member of the company complies with health and safety laws
- Identify hazards and implement various safety programs
- Prepare and present safety reports for upper level management
- 10+ years experience in industrial, utility, or telecommunications construction safety required
- CHST preferred
- CSP, CIH, CHMM Preferred
- Bachelors degree in EHS or related field required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills