An industry leading specialist general contractor is looking to hire a Construction Safety Officer to help develop and lead the company safety program. Based from their HQ near Costa Mesa - you will be responsible for pushing forward the safety program at the job-site level conducting inspections, training and audits to ensure a leading safety culture across the business. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a company viewed as leaders in their field, where you will be given the platform to succeed in the role.
- Undertake job site inspections, accident investigations and audits as deemed necessary - putting forward corrective actions to continually develop the safety program and culture
- Work in partnership with the company leaders in highlighting key safety metrics/trends on projects, which will be reported back to senior leadership
- Conduct new hire-orientation and implement training programs in compliance with all OSHA requirements
- Engage with all operational leadership, job-site teams and the client in regards to safety related matters - acting as the technical expert for any issues that may arise
- Ensure compliance to all state and federal regulations
- At a minimum 5-7 years proven experience managing safety on major construction projects
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- OSHA 500 (Required)
- Industry certification e.g. BCSP CSP, ASP, CHST (preferred)
- A strong communicator who can engage with both key internal and external stakeholders
- Self motivated individual who can complete tasks and achieve company safety goals.
- Based near Cost Mesa and happy to travel as required