Shirley Parsons has a brand new role with an Industrial Construction contractor seeking a Bilingual Safety Manager (Spanish & English) in either Dallas, TX or St. Louis, MO working across projects across these two regions. This company provides a variety of construction and engineering services within the the Industrial & Energy sectors.
This role is ideal for someone with a solid grounding within construction, with experience managing safety on power plants, turn-around's and refinery projects. This company also has a growing EHS team, so plenty of room for learning and professional development.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with both the Safety Director and VP of Operations at the company in highlighting successes and core focus areas, in order to continually develop the company safety program
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA
- Proven experience managing safety in either an industrial or construction environment (circa. 3-7 years)
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related discipline OR CHST
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing direct reports
- Proven communicator, who can engage with key internal & external stakeholders across all levels, from project teams to senior leadership
- Based from the Dallas, TX or St. Louis, MO office. 50% travel expected