Shirley Parsons is currently seeking a Bid Manager with experience experience across the Civil Engineering or Electrical Utilities markets to join a rapidly growing construction contractor.
Based out of Maryland, interested candidates will need a track record in bid management and be responsible for developing and managing the bid and selection process for construction projects with corporate capital responsibility. The client in question is ideally seeking a permanent hire who can grow with the business and become a long term appointment.
Lead company bidding, working alongside procurement in the management of the entrepreneurial bid process, obtaining and evaluating bids
- Prepare indicative and later final estimate summaries, evaluating each section of scope, pricing.
- Establish total project proposal bid amount, including direct costs, subcontractor/vendor costs, overhead, other costs, contingencies, and scope exclusion
- Prepare detailed cost estimates based on location, site conditions, quantity take-offs, materials, labor, equipment, and specialty items. Determines impacts to estimates based on local, commodity, and client requirements
- Supervise bid technical proposal documents to meet RFP requirements. Structure, develop, edit and write proposal sections per RFP requirements. Edit all deliverables to ensure consistent messaging. Oversee the assembly, and delivery of proposal.
- Determine major project design decisions in conjunction with the client and the rest of the Project Management team.
- Partner with field leaders to understand and execute work according to customer schedules. Evaluate changes in the project which may impact the project schedule, adjust tasks, and remove constraints.
- 8+ years Construction Management experience within electrical utilities
- Experience in a Bid Management role
- Experience in client management, material coordination, crew supervision, and cost oversight.
- Track record of delivering contracts, budgets, change orders, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement.
- Passion for safety imperative.
- Local to Charlestown WV or Baltimore, MD or Lanham, MD