A leading waste and recycling organization is looking to hire an Area Safety Manager to oversee their diverse portfolio of services throughout Southern California and other associated locations. You will be work alongside the Director of Safety to ensure an industry leading safety culture across their operations. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to safety, where you will be given every platform to succeed in the role!
- Undertake job-site inspections, accident investigations, audits and training as deemed necessary
- Work closely alongside the Director of Safety in analyzing safety metrics & KPIs at a project level, identifying trends and utilizing results to address safety priorities across the business
- Keep up to date with any and all legislation change from industry regulators e.g. Cal OSHA - ensuring compliance to all industry related standards
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving the EHS culture within the business through coaching and mentoring, of all leaders and employees
- Act as a support function for field employees, offering insight on any EHS issues or queries that may arise
- At a minimum 7 yrs hands-on safety management experience leading large workforces within either transportation, waste management, manufacturing or associated industries.
- Bachelor Degree in either Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering or Industrial Hygiene (Required)
- Proven experience working alongside federal/local industry regulators e.g. Cal OSHA, EPA, DOT
- Based near Garden Grove HQ and able to travel as required