A global metals company is seeking an Air Compliance Specialist to oversee the air permitting and compliance at their Florence, AL site. This business invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong environmental culture in which both the CEO and President take active roles. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Interpreting regulations and permit requirements into developed and implemented programs and guidance to ensure site compliance
- Manages, develops, and submits permit renewals, modifications, and other activities as necessary
- Acts as mediator between the site and EPA on air compliance and permitting.
- Maintains and submits accurate compliance reports and records
- Serves as the technical expert on all matters relating to the site’s air pollution control infrastructure, associate regulatory compliance, and emissions.
- 3+ years in environmental roles within a metals manufacturing (or similar) environment.
- Experience managing Title V and PSD permits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, Environmental Science/Engineering or a related technical field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others