A leading biotech company is looking for a Senior EHS Specialist to work at their Research and Development facilities. The specialist will be responsible for managing hazardous waste programs, laboratory inspections, and necessary training. The individual will also work with the EHS team to implement established EHS programs and to meet EHS regulatory requirements.
The individual must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Manage hazardous waste program including oversight of hazwaste and biowaste activities and providing guidance to users, operations team, and vendors.
- Support all aspects of laboratory safety for research and technical operations.
- Implement biosafety, chemical safety, ergonomics, and emergency response initiatives.
- Conduct laboratory inspections, audits, and daily walk-throughs.
- Bachelors in EHS related discipline or equivalent experience and qualification.
- 2+ years' EHS experience in an R&D, biotech, or laboratory environments
- Demonstrated experience managing hazwaste operations, biosafety, chemical safety, and occupational safety