An industrial manufacturing company is currently seeking a Safety Engineer to lead its Reed Creek, GA area plant. This company invests heavily into its Safety programs and developed a strong safety culture, as each facility strives to achieve the Zero Incident, Zero Injury initiative. The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the EHS team to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop and implement a Safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Lead all on site Safety initiatives and programs
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as safety expert and primary contact in respect to EHS matters
- 3+ years of EHS experience within a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience with ISO 14001 and/or ISO 45001 preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS or related technical field
- Professional certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc.) preferred
- Strong leadership skills