A global, industry-leading electronics manufacturer is seeking a Regional EHS Lead for their US operations; this comprises a network of 9 manufacturing and R&D locations, and ~4,500 employees. Reporting into the Global EHS Director, this position will play a key role in driving positive EHS culture change, program and process improvements on a nationwide scale.
This role will be based from Ann Arbor, MI with the expectation for 50% nationwide travel. Please note: there is NO option for a remote or hybrid work option for this role.
- Provide support to company leadership and site leadership teams, on their journey to world-class EHS performance
- Monitor and measure EHS performance metrics in the US region, and utilize these to identify trends, areas for improvement, and propose related improvement programs/projects accordingly
- Perform frequent site visits, audits and inspections to support local EHS needs
- Develop and implement the regional and top-level requirements for ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 programs / certifications. Ensure regional leadership are knowledgeable with their roles and responsibilities to support an integrated EHS management system
- Develop and lead improvements to relevant areas of the EHS program such as audits, investigations, management systems, corrective action deployment, and training, throughout the region.
- Initially managing a team of 2 x direct reports, with the possibility for this team expanding as the company continues to grow
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; certifications such as CSP, CIH or CHMM would be desirable
- 7-10+ years of relevant EHS experience, within manufacturing and/or R&D environments
- Key technical expertise in areas such as laser safety, radiation safety, cleanroom environments, hazardous materials and ergonomics, would all be very desirable
- Multi-site experience is required, on a regional or national/global scale - candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 50%
- Experience managing teams of EHS professionals as direct reports effectively
- Experience in successfully developing and deploying ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems
This role comes with a competitve base salary, bonus scheme, restricted share units, and excellent benefits package.