A global structural materials manufacturer is looking to hire a Global Product Stewardship Director to join their existing EHS team. The incumbent will provide counsel and advice to the business regarding product safety/regulatory affairs, product stewardship, and product risk management. The Global Product Stewardship Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a global strategy and product stewardship program to ensure compliance with regulatory issues.
This role can be based out of:
• Salt Lake City, UT • Stamford, CT • Decatur, AL • Kent WA • Amesbury, MA • Casa Grande, AZ • Pottsville, PA
- Developing and maintaining the product stewardship program.
- This role is a customer-facing role, working directly with customers in mitigating any possible adverse environmental and/or safety impacts of the company’s products.
- Evaluating complex regulatory requirements against the business activities and working with the functional leaders to develop effective product stewardship programs.
- Keeping regional leadership apprised of any changes in regulatory obligations or potential risks/liabilities.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of emerging technical and regulatory issues within the geographical areas of responsibility.
- Working with the Global EHS Leadership team, this person will. manage areas of regulatory risk to core business activities in their region of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, such as: Chemical Engineering, Toxicoloy, IH or EHS-related field
- 10+ years’ experience dealing with chemical regulations & product stewardship.
- 5+ years’ experience in senior management-level position.
- 5+ years’ Global oversight experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the regulations of both regional, national and global authorities governing product safety and registrations.
- Knowledge of product risk management and product stewardship is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements under TSCA, RCRA, REACH, etc.