An international manufacturing organization is seeking a well-rounded EHS Manager to lead the company's EHS program within their main facilities in San Diego, CA. The incumbent will directly manage a team of EHS professionals and will be tasked with providing leadership within the facility and overseeing organizational compliance with local, state, and federal EHS regulations. The EHS Manager will be responsible for all Environmental focuses and responsibilities, as well as maintaining safety compliance.
- Develop, strategize, and implement a long-term plan for the site's EHS function
- Direct the preparation and submission of relevant applications, permits, and reports to appropriate regulatory agencies to meet compliance with regulatory standards.
- Promoting continuous improvement efforts in the EHS function, integrating tactical and strategic EHS planning
- Oversee EHS regulatory guidance to departments regarding the design, development, and evaluation of new and existing processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health, and Safety Sciences, or a related technical field highly preferred
- 10+ years’ progressive EHS experience within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience directly managing and leading a team of EHS professionals
- Strong environmental background as well as knowledge of CalOSHA regulations