A Transport Health & Safety Manager is required to join a growing Retail brand in the Northwest. Working as part of a team of three and reporting to the Health and Safety Director, you will be the ambassador for Health and Safety across this company’s transport division including the vehicle maintenance unit. You will be joining the business at a time of significant strategic change and will be part of a high performing team that ensures compliance across the business. Based from Liverpool, the role will also require up to national travel.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, regularly reviewed, updated and communicated to the relevant employees.
- The completion and review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Organise and carry out Health & Safety training and ensure that any statutory requirements are met throughout the business
- Ensure that a planned programme of safety inspections and audits is carried out.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is essential.
- Significant health and safety management experience of HGV transport and distribution.
- Commercial awareness – to understand the business needs and requirements equally amongst other considered factors.
- Confident and engaging approach, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
Reference: RMc 14312