We are working with alarge multi-disciplinary consultancy who, due to growth of their Health &Safety and Environmental Consulting business, are looking to bring in a DisciplineLeader (Technical Director) for Design & Construction Safety. This is asenior level position that can be based UK wide, with home working andoccasional site visits and overnight stays. The position will involve Overseeingmultiple projects, ensuring CDM and Health & Safety compliance throughout,as well as promoting the business by attending and speaking at industry events.The successful candidate will have a strong background within CDM andConstruction Health & Safety, will be a proven leader and will have astrong presence within the Construction Health & Safety industry.
The role of the TechnicalDirector will be to:
- Be responsible for developing and implementing Health & Safety solutions for clients throughout the design and construction stages of a project.
- Lead and deliver the Safety agenda on large scale projects and key client programmes
- Develop the business’ thought leadership within the market - raising their external profile
- Develop the company’s internal and external response to the changing regulatory environment for Health & Safety during design, construction, and management of buildings
- Take the lead within the business in terms of promoting their agenda, attending and presenting at various industry events.
The successful TechnicalDirector will:
- · Have strong experience of working in both design and construction environments for complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Possess expert technical knowledge of Health & Safety within the construction industry, including an in depth understanding of the requirements of CDM 2015 and the associated duty holding roles
- Come from a background of being a Chartered Engineer, with proven expertise in the application of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Have experience of working with a multi-disciplinary consulting organisation
- Have significant leadership skills providing direction, with a commitment to actively nurture talent in others
Reference - ML16211