Shirley Parsons Limited is proud to be working on a retained search basis, with a global power generation company, to help appoint their Senior Vice President for Environmental and Sustainability. This particular leadership role will require a strong blend of strategic thinking and operational know-how.
The role will report into the Chief Operating Officer and will require a collaborative approach, within a fast-paced and dynamic organisation. The role will be based in Vienna, Austria and will also require significant international travel.
- Work with the leadership of the organstaion to develop a robust Environmental & Sustainability programme
- Develop and maintain monitoring systems in line with global targets (eg EU emissions standards)
- Lead and create sustainability projects and be able to analyse and evaluate the impact of these
- Ensure that there is a cascade of policy across the group, to ensure consistency of approach – collaboration with regional leaders is key
- Manage the various teams members in order to hit targets and sustain performance for the future.
- Proven leadership experience, ideally within a power generation company (or similar organisation)
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally – engagement at all levels is key
- It is essential that you are experienced in producing sustainability reports and discussing these at senior level, as well as leading on sustainability and environmental projects
- Degree qualified, ideally in the environmental or sustainability field
- International experience and fluency in English is essential