Senior Health & Safety Lead | £65,000 - £85,000 plus package | Scotland |Civil Engineering
I currently have an excellent opportunity to work with a major civil engineering principal contractor as their Senior Health and Safety Lead for their Scotland division in the business. The ideal candidate will have operated at senior level, lead teams, implemented strategy and worked in civil engineering or high-risk industries (rail, highways, Power, Energy or utilities)
- Leading, motivating and developing a high performing Health and Safety team
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and deliver the health and safety strategy
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within the organisation
- Monitoring and reviewing health & safety trends within the division to identify areas of improvement
- Develop and improve Health & Safety culture across the organisation
- Liaise with Health and Safety Executive and other regulators when required.
- Managing client relationships and be the focal point of Health & Safety
- Support on incident and accident investigation when required and lessons learnt
- 3 years’ experience working in a senior leaderships position
- Prior experience working in civil engineering industry
- CMIOSH ideally, Grad IOSH and working towards CMIOSH will be considered.
- Prior experience leading a high performing team in a matrix structured organisation
- Possessing advanced influencing and communication skills
- Prior experience in a high-risk civil engineering discipline (Water, gas, power, rail, major projects)