This specialist Health & Safety construction consultancy is looking for a Principal Designer and CDM Consultant to join their growing team. They are a financially secure business who have continued to grow the business throughout COVID have continued to grow the business. The successful candidate will be a key individual key individual who will provide CDM consultancy services and undertake CDM duties in line with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015. This position will give candidates experience of working across a range of complex and interesting projects within a supportive environment where you can develop your career. This role is based from their central London office, working on projects nationwide, but with more of a focus in the South East of England. The position has come on due to growth and it is an exciting time to join a growing business.
- Carry out the statutory duties and function of the Principal Designer and the non-statutory roles of Advisor to the Principal Designer and Advisor to the Client
- Support other members of the technical team(s) as Principal Designer/CDM Advisor and/or carry out duties as requested by your Project Team Leader
- Prepare and produce F10 Notifications on behalf of Clients, identify and communicate Pre-construction Information.
- Carry out Health & Safety Site Surveys and Inspections and produce Inspection and/or Monitoring Reports as directed
- Assist Clients, Principal Designers, Designers and Principal Contractors in understanding their statutory duties and ensuring the design process is compliant to CDM 2015 regulations
- Minimum of 3-4 years' experience working in a CDM and Construction Health & Safety role
- Be able to demonstrate experience and ability in relevant sectors across the construction industry.
- Professionally qualified IOSH member, and holder of appropriate Health & Safety related qualifications eg. NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate level as a minimum
- Be a positive team player but able to work independently. Professional, confident, strong communicator - both verbally and written
- Hold Incorporated Membership of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS) or can attain within 6 months of joining
Job reference: ML15866