Lead Health & Safety Advisor
£45,000 - £55,000
South East Region
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced safety professional to join a leading power/electrical civil engineering company working on a variety of projects in across South East region. The role will lead a small team and be responsible for leading the implementation of strategy/vision of the company, liaising with contractors and clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working on power, electrical or energy projects, hold a recognised NEBOSH qualification and looking to continue to grow in HSEQ.
- To support the development of a strong Health and Safety focused culture across the project and promote good safety behaviours
- To be an expert in Health and Safety legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement
- Lead a small team of Health & Safety Advisors across the region.
- To liaise with employees, subcontractors and suppliers on Health and Safety matters as required
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, internal and external.
- To identify possible operational risks or opportunities and work with central Health and Safety Team to ensure an appropriate and effective response
- To support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure that the Health and Safety plan and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors
- To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
- Provide health and safety monthly reports for board meetings
- 4 years+ health & safety experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate, ideally working towards Diploma or equivalent
- Tech IOSH minimum, Grad IOSH preferred
- Must have relevant Civil engineering experience
- Power, energy, electrical experience would be a distinct advantage
Reference: PMu -15579