Health, Safety & Wellbeing Lead
£60,000 - £70,000 plus package
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health & Safety professional to join a global construction and civil engineering company to lead across all their UK projects (project values £500 million - £1 billion) The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams, driving Health & Safety strategy, working with senior stakeholder, and been involved in health & wellbeing strategies. Seeking candidates with heavy civil engineering or major project experience but candidates with tunnelling or rail experience would be of particular interest.
- Lead UK Health, Safety and Wellbeing team (20 plus direct and indirect reports)
- Assist the HSEQ Director and provide a positive leadership and management across Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- To support the development of a strong Health, Safety and Wellbeing culture across the business.
- Responsible for leading health, safety and wellbeing team across multiple projects.
- To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
- Provide HSW annual report for HSEQ Director and Managing Director
- Keep up to date with any changing in legislation and act accordingly
- Management, maintenance, and improvement of ISO 45001 systems
- 5+ years’ experience working in Health & Safety
- Strong knowledge of working in civil engineering environments, rail or tunnelling would be an advantage
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent health & safety qualification
- Minimum Grad IOSH (working towards CMIOSH)
- Ability to lead across the UK and travel to sites on a regular basis.
Reference: PMu - 15728