We are currently working with a leading retail organisation who are looking to appoint a Health & Safety Manager to support regionally across the Southeast and Southwest of England. The main purpose of the role is to ensure legislative compliance, best practice, and continuous improvement. This is a field-based role with one day a week based in Portsmouth.
The Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Accountable for the incident investigation process, site audits, inspections/assessments, implementing remedial action, reporting, and communicating updates to improve culture.
- Maintaining the Safety Management and Food Safety Management Systems.
- Develop corporate health and safety performance standards and set business wide policies.
- Review and refresh health, safety, and compliance training.
- Deputise for the Risk Manager and lead a team of Health, Safety and Environment Advisors.
The ideal Health & Safety Manager requires:
- Experience in a Health & Safety leadership role, preferably in the food retail sector.
- Experience in setting policy and process across a multi-site business.
- NEBOSH Diploma is advantageous.
- Chartered member of IOSH would be preferable.
- Food safety management experience is desirable.