We are working exclusively with a Public sector organisation in the appointment of their Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager. This is critical role within the Health, Safety and Wellbeing team and it is an exciting time to be joining. You will be the lead of the existing team and will be responsible for developing the team and also setting strategy across Health, Safety and Wellbeing. You will work with senior stakeholders, including Executive Directors and the Chief Executive Officer to help services reduce incidents and take action to improve employee health and wellbeing at work. As a business-critical role, you will bring technical ability as well as strong leadership skills and have a passion for engaging and influencing others. The ability to work collaboratively across the organisation is a must.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the health, safety and wellbeing strategy and action plan.
- Actively contribute to the leadership and management by advising the Chief Executive, Executive Management Team, Directors and Heads of Service on Organisational Development and Communications by advising on relevant Health Safety & Wellbeing issues.
- To play a key leadership role in driving improvement in Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Lead on and develop a series of Management and Building Compliance Audits to ensure that all parts of the organisation are fulfilling their duties under Health & Safety Law.
- Continuously develop and deploy a safety management system, including all relevant policies, practices and risk control measures.
- Provide high quality technical and expert advice, ensuring that the Health, Safety and Well-being team is appropriately qualified and equipped to do likewise.
- Level 6 qualification in Health and Safety; ideally CMIOSH, GradIOSH candidates will be considered
- A proven track record in leading and developing high performing teams within a similar environment
- Naturally exhibits strong leadership skills and able to engage at all levels of an organisation
- An engaging character, with excellent communication skills and ability to influence others in a positive manner
Reference: ST 15718