SHEQ Advisor | Permanent | West Yorkshire | £35,000-£40,000 plus car package
A forward-thinking, Yorkshire-based civil engineering and utilities contractor, with a strong forward order book and ambitious growth plans for the future, are seeking a SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality) Advisor to join the business. This role represents an excellent opportunity to develop your career in a rounded role, working with a successful contractor.
- Based out of the West Yorkshire head office, you will be responsible for SHEQ performance across a broad portfolio of civil engineering and utilities projects (primarily within the Yorkshire region) including water utilities, power, highways, bridges and structures, excavations and earthworks
- Management and maintenance of the SHEQ management systems, as well as the company audit and inspection programmes, and offer advice to the board on all aspects of policy and procedure implementation
- Identifying potential hazards, risks and opportunities and working with site teams to resolve.
- Actively promoting a positive SHEQ culture across the business
- Producing reports, toolbox talks, newsletters and bulletins to promote SHEQ
- Provide knowledge and advise to site teams when required.
- Identification of training needs within the business; providing of pre-contract and post-contract management support in relation to SHEQ matters; taking the lead in the investigation of any incidents or near misses
- A confident, professionally qualified SHEQ professional (NEBOSH minimum)
- Relevant SHEQ experience and technical knowledge within civil engineering, utilities or construction environments
- The ability to conduct investigations and analysis of current SHEQ performance, draw relevant conclusions and produce clear improvement plans where required
- Based within a commutable distance of the West Yorkshire head office, and happy to travel as required within the region
Reference: PMu 15640
If you are interested in applying for the position please send your CV to Phillip.firstname.lastname@example.org