A principal contractor who operate across the commercial construction space is currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join it's progressive, dynamic and forward-thinkin Health and Safety team. This role provides an opportunity for someone to be the main point of contact for project Health, Safety, Quality and Environment - providing both strategic and hands-on guidance to clients and contractors. Candidates interested in this position must have experience in fit-out, construction or commercial projects.
- This role suits a pro-active and engaging Safety professional happy to work in a stand-alone position, covering multiple construction sites around central London, including commercial new-builds and large-scale refurbishments
- You will carry out an effective programme of site-based audits and inspections across this portfolio of projects, re-igniting the drive towards leading a positive HSEQ culture.
- An important part of the role will be building effective relationships with site-based teams at the projects you are visiting, and influencing them effectively to facilitate a positive H&S culture
- Assisting with accident and incident investigations, and on-site H&S training as and when required
- NEBOSH Certificate is required as a minimum for this role; the NEBOSH Construction Certificate and ideally Diploma would be advantageous
- Hands-on, relevant experience and knowledge of the construction industry is essential as well as experience on major projects
- You will have a positive and proactive approach to H&S management, with the ability to build strong relationship internally - delivering a strong HSEQ culture
- Full UK driving license is required.