A reputable civil engineering and utilities contractor is looking to add a Health & Safety Advisor to their team, covering works in their East Scotland region. This role will suit a forward-thinking professional who has a collaborative, coaching approach to driving Health and Safety performance within a business. Suitable candidates will have experience working on small-scale fast-paced sites of a utilities or civil engineering nature and will hold the NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum - ideally, NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- Reporting into the Regional Health and Safety Manager, you will be supporting the wider Health and Safety team on all related matters
- Promote high standards of Health and Safety performance across multiple sites in the region, liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including the client, framework partners, direct workforce staff, sub-contractors and external bodies as required
- Contribute to new tenders and bids within the business
- Carry out accident and incident investigations as required, preparing monthly reports on performance, implementation of company safety policies and procedures, assisting with the integration of company SHEQ management systems, and carrying out relevant training as required
- NEBOSH Certificate is required; the NEBOSH Construction Certificate would be preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a related Health and Safety role
- Strong organisational skills to manage your own time and diary
- Mobile and happy to travel as required.
- A proactive, forward-thinking approach to Health and Safety management, and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders of various levels
Vacancy Reference: PR/007412
Vacancy Owner: Tayla Brown | email@example.com | (+44) 1296 611348