We have been engaged to work exclusively with a major construction company in the recruitment of a Health & Safety Advisor. We have a long existing relationship with our client, who has a good reputation in the industry for delivering on bespoke construction projects. This role is covering projects across the North West with the majority of the work being in the Manchester area.
The successful candidate will be playing a pivotal role in supporting the wider health and safety team, consistently improving the Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Oversee a number of new build and refurbishment projects
- Support the Group H&S Manager on varied health and safety matters
- Maintain Health and Safety policies and procedures that adhere to government legislation requirements and expectations of the business
- Provide advice and training to the operational workforce in Health and Safety regulations when appropriate
- Develop and maintain the management systems where appropriate
- Construction related background
- A strong communicator to all levels within the business with high attention to detail
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Knowledge or qualifications with an enviornmental discipline will be highly advantageous
- Self-efficient who can manage/prioritise workload