A leading specialist engineering organisation is looking to appoint a proven Head of HSE to be the lead and develop the strategy. The Head of HSE will be responsible for continuing to drive and develop the safety culture within the organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business, who are looking to appoint someone to take their HSE to the next level.
The Role of Head of HSE
- Drive a positive and workable HSE culture
- Coach, manage and develop your team and the site leadership teams
- Ensure standards are met and continually improved upon
- Engage with key stakeholders at all levels within the business to ensure a positive H&S mind-set
- To lead and influence others, both directly and indirectly
The Head of HSE candidate
- Experience of working within a heavy industry / engineering / manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of developing HSE strategies
- Experience maintaining management systems such as ISO14001, OHSAS18001 / 45001 and ISO9001 and SEPA
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification is preferable
- Ideally a Chartered member of IOSH (or working towards)
- Proven leadership skills – the ability to engage at all levels is vital
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence