We're currently working with one of the largest house builders in the UK, who are seeking an Environmental Group Advisor to join their growing team. This will be a nationwide role with flexible remote working.
To positively challenge, advise, support, coach and mentor all key stakeholders to aspire to environmental excellence.
- Maintain a dynamic and driven approach to promoting and supporting environmental management across the group.
- Monitor and review projects/divisions compliance against the company’s environmental management system, policies, procedures and legal compliance.
- Support and work closely with the HS&E team as well as other departments, divisions, projects and supply chain in developing, reviewing and achieving environmental objectives and targets as well as promote continuous improvement and development throughout.
- Work to support the achievement of group and divisional KPI’s and encourage best practice working at all times.
- Audit targets and manage environmental compliance against performance data and advice on areas for improvement.
- Support the divisions in measuring and monitoring performance against the Group and Divisional HS&E Plans.
- Offer assistance and support to the wider HS&E team to ensure that environmental matters are a key focus for the department.
- Where necessary undertake joint visits to projects/divisions with the wider HS&E team.
- Understanding of core environmental principles and regulations
- A member of IEMA or equivalent
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong IT ability
- Influencing and good relationship building skills
- Can work to deadlines and under pressure