An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established manufacturing business in the North of England. Specialising in chemical manufacturing, our client is seeking an experienced but progressive Environmental Manager to join the business who can also support with environmental compliance and sustainability strategy. Regular travel across the North of England will be expected as our client has sites within Yorkshire and County Durham.
Candidates could be based from Lancashire, Yorkshire or County Durham.
- Working across high-risk manufacturing sites in the North of England, ensuring that the business is compliant with environmental legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies and stakeholders such as local authorities and the Environment Agency
- Develop and implement environmental strategies to ensure continuous improvement of both environmental and sustainability performance
- Promote and raise awareness of the importance of environmental management across the business, reporting on this both internally and externally
- Proven track record as an Environmental Manager within a high-risk manufacturing environment
- Degree Qualified in relevant Environmental subject or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Chartered Member of IEMA or equivalent would be preferred