A leading specialist Chemical manufacturing organisation are looking to appoint an EHS Manager on their site in Leeds. The ideal candidate will review and improve EHS management systems, helping the drive a positive safety cultural forward.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to get involved on a complex site, you will be joining a strong senior leadership team who are brought into safety. Our client is also keen on personal and professional development.
The EHS Manager Role:
- Develop, manage and maintain EHS policies and procedures
- As well as promoting a positive Health and Safety culture across the business, you will provide day to day Health and Safety advice to the business.
- You will be involved with carrying out accident investigations, risk assessments, audits, providing training, developing management systems and keeping abreast of new regulations
- Monitoring and developing Health and Safety performance within the business, ensuring standards and company objectives are met
- Drive EHS excellence across the site whilst working closely with the leadership team and employees
The EHS Manager Candidate:
- 3 years+ experience in a chemical/ Petro chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience showing the ability to successfully manage a high-risk site (COMAH / Sub-COMAH level)
- A track record of the use of key Process Safety tools including DSEAR / ATEX, HAZOP, LOPA and SIL
- Experience of EHS Management systems and managed associated IS0 accreditations (IS0 14001, IS045001, etc)
- Experience working within “Process Safety Environments
- Ideally have a IEMA Qualification
- A credible, confident leader with experience influencing across all levels of a business
Reference: RB - 15800