We are currently working with a major manufacturing company, who are looking to appoint a proven EHS Manager with previous experience in a manufacturing environment. This person must have the ability to influence and engage with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity for an EHS Manager to lead a very busy manufacturing site and focus on developing the EHS approach across the operation. The role will require a resilient individual who has proven engagement skills.
The Role of EHS Manager:
- You will be a hands on EHS Manager, who is able to identify where you can make an immediate impact and what the long-term aims on site will be.
- Being able to prioritise workload is going to be essential, working closely with the management team to understand the direction of EHS and the cultural change that is required. Along with guiding them on EHS developments to ensure compliance.
- You will be the main point of contact for EHS related matters and be expected to coach and advise others, leading them to become more accountable.
- You will build strong relationships with all stakeholders across the site, promoting the development of a positive EHS culture and best practice.
- Ensure all EHS training needs are fulfilled and standards are met and continually improved upon.
- Spend time developing the EHS culture also at their distribution site.
The EHS Manager Candidate:
- Previous experience of EHS Management - within a manufacturing environment is essential
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels is a must
- Knowledge of EHS management systems and how to implement them effectively
- An understanding on how to improve EHS culture on site
- NEBOSH General Certificate is essential, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent will be highly advantageous