Our client is one of the market leaders in Testing, Inspection and Certification services, they have a vacancy for a home-based Client Manager & an office based Client Manager to join their growing team in Buckinghamshire.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career within the Product Certification market providing certification to companies involved in the production of construction products, security and fire doors and windows.
- Manage a number of customers, both new and existing, in the construction products and installation certification schemes.
- Plan, book and carry out factory assessments of manufacturers within the timescales required under the rules of the certification schemes.
- Plan, book and carry out site assessments of installers and maintainers of products within the timescales required under the rules of the certification schemes
- Review and approve responses to any non-conformances raised during audit visits.
- Accurately record findings during client assessment visits and submit reports in line with operational target objectives.
- Review and approve responses to any non-conformances raised during audit visits within agreed timescales.
- Act as the first point of contact for any technical/certification queries that customers may have.
- Produce quotations for changes to the scope of certification for existing customers and to implement these changes once agreed.
- Gather and review test evidence and assessment results and to make certification decisions on behalf of the client.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Logical, methodical planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Project management skills
- Experience of meeting deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to operate as part of a team or alone
- Willingness to travel extensively, both in the UK and abroad
- Experience in the construction sector preferably with knowledge of the factory processes and the British and European standards involved in the production of products
- A good general education including as a minimum English, Mathematics and Sciences (Grade C or above)
- Full certification scheme training, including the IRCA ISO 9001 Lead Auditor qualification, will be provided