An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading educational establishment as an Assistant Safety Officer for a 2 year fixed term contract. As the Assistant Safety Officer, you will provide specialist health and safety advice to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Co-ordinate or lead on audits and reviews and also to contribute to the extensive programme of health and safety training for all staff
- Undertake accident investigations and represent the Safety Office at departmental safety advisory committees and meetings
- To act as lead health advisor to and attend committees and monitor compliance
- Draft safety policies and prepare committee papers.
- To support effective risk management, identifying priorities for resources and funding and, where appropriate
- To liaise with the University Occupational Health Physician
- Significant experience of providing health and safety management advice on a wide range of potential hazards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead others in finding workable solutions to health and safety problems.
Ref: LSQ 14725