A leading chemical manufacturing company is looking to appoint an EHS Manager to oversee the EHS function at one of their key locations in the Union, MO area. The EHS Manager will be a key part of the site leadership team, and will be the EHS subject matter expert for this location. The successful candidate will be tasked with fostering and influencing a positive, proactive EHS culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage employees across various departments and operations.
- Acts as a change-agent, influencing plant employees and management to drive the EHS performance, and lead the plant to a world-class safety program
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation, writing and implementing EHS policies
- Leads site EHS audits, training and investigations, and recommends corrective actions where necessary, as well as reports EHS metrics to corporate leadership
- 3+ years of progressive EHS experience in a manufacturing plant required
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering or a related technical field preferred
- Working knowledge of key areas like BBS, LOTO, confined space, machine guarding and ergonomics
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a positive EHS culture within a manufacturing plant, and tangible evidence of improving plant-level EHS performance and culture
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills