A global food and beverage manufacturing organization is looking to appoint an EHS Manager to oversee their manufacturing facility in the Eugene, OR area. Working alongside the site leadership team and managing a small team of direct reports, the EHS Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing EHS programs, fostering a healthy safety culture, and overseeing all training at the plant level. The incumbent will be tasked with conducting EHS audits and acting as the interface between local and federal agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement EHS programs and procedures and maintain the EHS Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Work with Senior EHS Team, Plant Manager and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 5+ years of plant manufacturing experience in operational EHS roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety or Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related technical field is required
- Previous experience managing EHS programs and systems.
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills