An industrial manufacturing company is currently looking to fill a newly created EHS Engineer position in the Lumberton, NC area. This company invests heavily into its EHS programs and developed a strong safety culture, and this person will be responsible for overseeing organizational compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations.
- Develop and implement a safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as safety expert and primary contact in respect to health and safety matters
- 1+ years of EHS experience within a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS related field