Shirley Parsons is partnered with a large general contractor to help identify a Construction Safety Manager in Louisville, KY The ideal candidate will be tasked with monitoring and enforcing all OSHA, state, and local safety requirements on site. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Support all safety policies and compliance with OSHA, state, and local regulations
- Conduct safety training on various topics including the proper use of PPE and other safety equipment.
- Inspect and audit job site to identify and fix safety hazards
- Conducts incident investigations and prepares job accident reports
- Assists site safety manager in planning and implementation of all safety related policies and goals
- Maintain all necessary safety logs, i.e.; gas testing, air velocity, and other required tests.
- Monitor ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Conducts risk assessments
- Develop and maintain all required hygiene programs such as noise surveys and ventilation surveys.
- Verify completion of safety recommendations and requirements on site
- 4-7 years construction safety experience
- Prior experience with highway or civil projects highly preferred
- OSHA 500 Preferred
- OSHA 510 Preferred
- Bachelors Degree in safety management or a relevant field required