We are partnered with a global manufacturing company to appoint an Industrial Hygienist for their site in East Yorkshire. This is a key hire for the site, and you will be able to make an immediate impact.
This is a great opportunity, which offers a wide variety of industrial hygiene aspects.
The Industrial Hygienist will be responsible for:
- Assessing and controlling health hazards, including biological, chemical, ergonomic, physical, and psychosocial hazards.
- Measuring, sampling, and monitoring fumes, noise, ventilation, heat, dust, airflow etc.
- Evaluating risk levels of various hazards to health in the workplace and reducing these risks by making necessary changes.
- Influencing at all levels to action recommendations made and to develop hazard controls.
- Record and report on data and findings
- Creating structures and systems
- Increase the awareness of industrial hygiene issues by mentoring and coaching individuals.
The Industrial Hygienist will have:
- Ability to explain the rationale as to why aspects are important
- Hold your own and persuade others
- Manage your own time and be able to prioritise
- Ideally experience in a high hazard environment
- A background in one of the following: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Health & Safety, Production Engineering, Occupational Hygienist etc.
- Qualification in Occupational Hygiene
Vacancy Reference: PR/026096
Vacancy Owner: Chris Stone | email@example.com |(+44) 7702 363532 | or | Sarah Gould | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+44) 7485 329480